What changes have we made?
- We have revised our risk assessment to include an appendix on Covid-19 and have gained our Good To Go certification.
- We have revised our cancellation policy during the pandemic to allow guests to move their holiday or get a refund should they or we need to cancel. We are also not asking for any payment until 14 days prior to a stay.
- All staff are temperature checked on arrival on site before changeovers and continue to be paid if they need to self-isolate.
- All linens are quarantined for 72 hours before being washed on a 60 degree wash
- Appropriate PPE is worn for changeovers.
- In addition to our usual thorough clean, lodges are aired, upholstery is steam cleaned and a virucidal sanitiser (EN14476 compliant) is used on touch points and hard surfaces.
- Certain plastic & metal items are swapped out each week including Information guide, CDs, DVDs, clothes pegs, bird feeders, cleaning products & cloths. We also swap out cushions and throws between guests and have temporarily removed certain items which would be difficult to sanitise.
- We sanitise all shared areas on a Saturday including laundry shed, benches and wheelie bin lids and sanitiser is available in all lodges for guest use.
- Owners meet guests outside wearing masks and at an appropriate 2m distance.
What do you need to be aware of?
- Many places have not re-opened and therefore eating out options are more restricted. Full information on what is open is provided prior to your stay and we recommend you plan in advance.
- Mull has a small hospital but we do not have ventilators – Glasgow has the nearest ICU and transportation of a covid patient off island is via ambulance.
- If you get sick, you cannot go on public transport (i.e. the ferry) so you will need to stay on the island in isolation. If you cannot find alternative accommodation you will be charged for any additional weeks we have to cancel in order to accommodate you.
- We are subject to Scottish law and if your home area is placed into lockdown we will need to cancel your holiday in line with Scottish government guidelines.