Here at Hideaway Lodges self-catering, we are committed to ensuring we preserve our beautiful woodlands, birds and wildlife for all. We want all of our visitors to experience the unspoilt beauty of Drumlang woods, the Isle of Mull and its native inhabitants.
Our self-catering lodges have been built from sustainably produced timber and are designed to be significantly more thermally efficient than most modern houses with highly insulated walls, floors and ceilings. Added to this, going forward, we’re taking extra care to ensure that we are minimising the energy usage within the lodges by introducing energy efficient LED lighting and more energy efficient appliances.
Some examples of other things that we do:
- We aim to use environmentally friendly cleaning products wherever possible.
- We actively encourage recycling and have a comprehensive recycling point on site.
- We have started to introduce recycled plastic outdoor furniture rather than using timber products.
- In order to reduce environmental impacts associated with transportation of postage, our preferred communication methods are email and telephone.
- We have invested in the Mull hydro scheme which aims to provide sustainable energy for the community.
- We have a direct filtered water source - no added chemicals.
- Wherever possible we actively promote and use local suppliers.
- We strive to create an enriched habitat for wildlife, with fallen timber and dead wood being left to encourage insects, deer runs being kept clear and bird feeders carefully positioned around the lodges.
- We bank with the Co-operative bank because of its emphasis on ethical banking.
We are constantly looking for ways to minimise our impact on the environment and always welcome any suggestions that you have.
Enjoy Hideaway Lodges self-catering – an idyllic natural retreat.